Friday, March 14, 2008

MUFA, huh?

I'm at home, trying to deal with this fatigue issue I've had for a couple of months. I've added Vitamin D, which has seemed to help a little, but not 100%. So I thought it would be a good time to talk about MUFAs - an acronym I was unfamiliar with until yesterday via this article about "flat-belly foods." Monounsaturated fatty acids (MUFA), when taken a little with every meal (so the article says), can help reduce belly fat. I'm okay with this, since the MUFA categories are nuts and seeds, oils, olives, avocado and chocolate. Throwing a little bit of walnuts or cacao nibs on something is a good reminder to diversify at dinner time.

In other news, I gleaned some new free-weight arm exercises from a guy in the gym this week. I tried them out and realized that other than my swimming twice a week, I'm not really working out my deltoids. Next up, figuring out the medicine balls...

No comments: