Friday, March 7, 2008

austere but powerful


I was very proud of myself. Last night was a great dinner - couscous salad, raw celeriac salad with a bit of parm and a minneola. I splurged and made homemade chocolate pudding but subbed lowfat, lactose-free milk for the 1/2 and 1/2.

Now that I'm going to be doing another 100km bike ride in less than a week, I'm realizing austerity today and tomorrow won't be in my favor. It's time to eat up lots of calories in prep for tomorrow's snoozeville populaire. Last Sunday's 60-mile ride was my first to push the 40-mile boundary. It also had several miles of intense hill climbing scattered throughout the ride, an intense headwind and a nice pub halfway through that seemed so tempting to just stop at and have David pick me up later in the afternoon. Snoozeville has a lovely pub at the end of it, so that's even better...austerity returns on Monday.

No comments: